SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI 6.6 is now available for download in the Apple iTunes app store. This means that we’re one step closer to the general availability of SAP Lumira 2.0.
What’s New in Version 6.6.3
- SAP Lumira 2.0 support (for both the discovery and designer components of SAP Lumira)
- Additional charts and functionalities for the discovery component of SAP Lumira
- Good containerization support
- AirWatch SDK support
SAP Lumira has been the star of the iOS Mobile BI app since version 6.3 was released in December 2015. There’s been a feature gap in mobile Web Intelligence chart rendering since SAP BI 4.0 was released over five years ago. And with the Web Intelligence team delivering new functionality like shared components and new charts like geocharts, gauges and tiles, the gap has only widened.
If history is a guide, we can expect a few months of minor point releases containing “technical improvements” to version 6.6 hopefully followed by version 6.7 around December 2017. Hopefully version 6.7 will make some progress closing the Web Intelligence mobile feature gap. But I imagine that by then the Mobile BI team will be hard at work getting ready to support the Fiorified (and Java-less!) version of Web Intelligence that will hopefully arrive in 2018.
- Download SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI in the Apple iTunes app store
- Read Reena Sethy’s blog, SAP Lumira 2.0 on Mobile Devices
- Read Reena Sethy’s blog, HTML Web view vs Native view in SAP BusinessObjects Mobile
- Read official documentation on the SAP Help Portal
- Read the product roadmap on the SAP Product Roadmap portal