I imagine that most organizations will combine SAP Lumira 2.0 SP2/GA with an upgrade to SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP4 Patch 1. However, according to the PAM, the SAP Lumira add-on to the BI platform is compatible with recent support packs of BI 4.1. Note that due to an issue with promotion management (see SAP Note 2437742), those support packs will also need to be patched.
The following versions of the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform are compatible with SAP Lumira 2.0/GA and promotion management:
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP8 Patch 10 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP9 Patch 5 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP10
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP2 Patch 12 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP3 Patch 8 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP4 Patch 1 or higher (see also SAP Note 2467541)
Multilingual organizations that rely on Translation Manager will want to consult SAP Note 2515265, which requires even higher patch levels. NOTE: not all have been released as of this writing):
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP8 Patch 11 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP9 Patch 6 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP10 Patch 1 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP2 Patch 13 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP3 Patch 10 or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 SP4 Patch 3 or higher (see also SAP Note 2467541)
You’ll also want to read Matthew Shaw’s SAP Community blog, A ‘simple’ guide to Updating (Upgrading) your SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform – the rules.
What are your organization’s plans for SAP Lumira 2.0? Leave a comment below.
7 thoughts on “SAP Lumira 2.0 compatibility with SAP BI platform”
Hi Dallas Marks
Thanks for the article. We are currently upgrading to BI 4.2 SP 3 Patch 9 with Lumira 2.0 SP 2. Will quickly to upgrade to 4.2 SP 4 patch 2 as well to leverage fiorified launchpad.
Inrahim, I read somewhere that Fiori had issues displaying Lumira 2.0 Dashboards. So be sure to research that.
SAP KB 2525534 – Lumira 2.0 stories and dashboards not opening with Fiori Launchpad. The functionality is yet to be implemented, and is expected to be delivered in Lumira 2.1. For the release schedule of Lumira 2.1, please refer to the SAP Note 2465894 – SAP BusinessObjects Lumira 2.0 – Release Schedule
Is SAP LUMIRA 2.0 is the next version of Design Studio 1.5?
Yes, SAP Lumira 2.0 combines “classic” Lumira, which is now called Lumira Discovery with Design Studio, which is now called Lumira Designer. You can read more about it on Blair Wheadon’s SAP Lumira and Design Studio Convergence blog.
We are planning to update BI platform from 4.2 SP6 to SP7 and also Lumira from 2.3 SP00 to SP01. Do you advise to do it at same time or do it separately? I don’t see any harm but need second opinion?
Thanks for writing. Take the usual precautions (backups, vm snapshots, etc.) but I would do them together.
Comments are closed.