It seems like it was just yesterday that we were all waiting for SAP to support Internet Explorer 9, but alas that was an eternity ago in 2011 (see related ASUG News article, Waiting on SAP, User Communities Fix SAP BusinessObjects Browser Woes).
Last week, Microsoft published a blog entitled “The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser” which among other things states that
Internet Explorer is a compatibility solution. We’re not supporting new web standards for it and, while many sites work fine, developers by and large just aren’t testing for Internet Explorer these days.Chris Jackson, The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser
In my latest article for the SAP Community Network, Which Browser Is Best for SAP Analytics?, I discuss what the current browser options are for SAP analytics customers.
Which browser or browsers currently reign supreme in your enterprise?
- The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser, Microsoft blog by Chris Jackson,
- Microsoft Edge: Making the web better through more open source collaboration, Microsoft blog by Joe Belfiore, December 6, 2018
- Use Enterprise Mode to improve compatibility, Microsoft article for directing legacy intranet sites from Edge to IE, October 23, 2018
- Browser Envy and Browser Envy, Revisited, SAP Community Blogs
- Waiting on SAP, User Communities Fix SAP BusinessObjects Browser Woes, ASUG News Article, November 1, 2011
- SAP Product Availability Matrix (PAM) – S-ID required
- System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites for SAP Analytics Cloud – SAP Help Portal
- SAP KB 2516259 – Limited IE 11 Functionality message in SAP Analytics Cloud & SAP Digital Boardroom when using Internet Explorer 11
- SAP KB 2674150 – What type of browsers are supported in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom ?