The Last Man on the Moon is a documentary, currently streaming on Netflix, about the life of Gene Cernan, the last man to walk on the surface of the moon during the Apollo 17 mission. Although Cernan died earlier this year, the documentary was released in 2014 and contains a lot of first-person interview combined with awesome historical footage from NASA.
Gene Cernan was a naval aviator who became part of the Gemini program. Originally part of the backup crew, he became the pilot of the Gemini 9 mission when the original crew was killed in a plane crash. Later, he was part of the Apollo 10 and Apollo 17 missions, leaving his daughter’s initials written on the lunar surface.
Gene Cernan certainly lived an extraordinary life that’s captured in a beautiful documentary. He died on January 16, 2017 at the age of 82.
Mission Control, also on Netflix, makes a fine sequel to this documentary.
- Learn more about Gene Cernan on Wikipedia
- Learn more about The Last Man on the Moon on IMDB
- Add The Last Man on the Moon to your Netflix queue
- Watch The Last Man on the Moon on Amazon Video
- Purchase The Last Man on the Moon (Blu Ray edition) on Amazon.com
- Purchase The Last Man on the Moon (DVD edition) on Amazon.com
- Purchase The Last Man on the Moon: Astronaut Eugene Cernan and America’s Race in Space (paperback edition) on Amazon.com
- Purchase The Last Man on the Moon: Astronaut Eugene Cernan and America’s Race in Space (Kindle edition) on Amazon.com
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”